Sunday, September 27, 2009

What Once Was Old is New Again

The last few days have brought me nearly all of the newly released, digitally re-mastered Beattle albums and it's been a bit of a "religious" experience listening to them and hearing stuff I hadn't heard before. Compared to the CD releases in the 80's, these have so much more sound. There are songs with bongo drums being played that I had never noticed before. Listening to the White album was like listening to it for the first time in some ways. Ah!
This year has seemed like such a walk down memory lane. Re-connecting with some old friends; true, the news from some people not so good. Cancer and other health issues are taking a toll as they do and then there is just plain old age not leaving any of us breathing folks behind.
I drove past my old neighbourhood in Bellevue on Friday, took some photos and felt a little meloncholy as it had been a day of memories.
But the Beattles saved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment