.jpg)
Choosing this day to show a picture of the Queen is not an accident of course. Before I moved in with Jimmy here in Bellingham, I flew the Union Jack from my balcony on Queen Anne Hill. It's mostly for fun, my Anglophileness, but I do feel that if we hadn't separated from Britain back in the 18th century we might not have capital punishment now and Jimmy and I would have a Federally recognised relationship instead of one which, though recognised by the State of Washington, is not a marriage and is not recognised anywhere else in the nation but for the states which have legalised same-sex marriage or have similar DP laws. I expect that we would still need to "re-register" or get married in what ever state we moved to (not that we are planning that). I just think that Britain, like most of Western Europe has moved on in areas where we on our side of the pond are still wallowing in issues that we should have stopped arguing about. The idea that we are still discussing whether or not to teach "Evolution" in the schools and that children in this country do not get decent sex education is ridiculous.
So happy birthday United States of America and God Save Her Majesty The Queen! Let's blow some stuff up, scare the animals, trash the beach and grill some weenies!
No comments:
Post a Comment